When an employee's work anniversary or birthday occurs, Recognize's Anniversary feature can carry-out automatic recognition. For an overview from a Company Admin's perspective, see the video below.
In order to activate this feature, the following steps must be completed:
Determine Privacy Settings:
Determine whether or not your staff would be comfortable having either their birthdays or work anniversaries publicly celebrated. You can set the default setting for privacy, and then let employees choose to share if they wish.
- Click 'Menu' in the top right-hand corner
- Select 'Company Admin' from the drop-down menu
- Select 'Settings' from the left side menu
- Scroll to 'User profile settings' or use the navigation guide on the right to jump to the 'User settings' section
- Under 'Birthday & anniversary privacy,' choose the default settings for your employee birthday and anniversary recognitions
- Anniversary Privacy (activate to make these recognitions private by default)
- Birthday Privacy (activate to make these recognitions private by default)
- You can also set a custom sender name here for anniversaries since they are automated
Enter Anniversary/Birthday Data:
You'll want to ensure that the start date and/or birthdays of each employee have been entered into the platform if you'll be using the automated anniversary and birthday badges.
- You can add this data through one of 3 ways via the Company Admin/Users portal:
Enable Anniversary Recognitions:
You can then enable the Anniversary Badges one by one through the Company Admin/Anniversaries portal. Make sure you are ready to launch birthdays and anniversaries before moving to this step, because once turned on, automated recognition will begin to send.
- Click on the 'Anniversaries' tab on the left side menu
- Toggle birthday badge ON/OFF
- Change the birthday badge image, if desired, by clicking the 'Change' button under the birthday badge
- Set a tagline for your birthday badge to the right of the badge image, or use the default one
- Set the message for your badge in the field underneath the tagline, or use the default message
- Set the points earned for each automated recognition to the right of the tagline
- Determine which Anniversary Badges you'd like to use - there's 1 week all the way up to 60 years available in the tool
- Toggle each Anniversary Badge that you'd like to use to 'ON'
All current and upcoming Anniversaries & Birthdays will be announced on the Stream Page for all users, if your company has any Anniversary and Birthday Badges turned on. Determine which company roles will be notified in advance of an employee's birthday or work anniversary through the 'Notifications' tab under the Company Admin/Anniversaries portal.
Birthday & Anniversary Notifications on the Stream Page
- Click on the anniversaries and birthdays module on the right side of the Stream Page, which will open a pop-up with more details
- View the Badge message for milestones and birthdays from this pop-up
- Share a celebratory message from within the pop-up
- You can also jump to the recognition by clicking on the 'Show' link, where you can see all comments for the recognition as well as react
Birthday & Anniversary Email Notifications
By default, Company Admins receive all user Birthday & Anniversary notifications by email, and Managers receive Birthday & Anniversary notifications for their direct reports via email. Manager default settings for direct report notifications can be controlled from within the Company Admin Portal > Settings > User settings. Additionally, you can have Managers receive notifications for everyone in the company, along with being able to turn these notifications off for Company Admins by going to the Company Admin Portal > Anniversaries > Notifications. This is also where you can control settings for additional Company/Dynamic Roles that can receive Birthday & Anniversary notification emails for all users. Below, you will find an overview of these settings.
- Select 'Menu' from the upper right-hand corner of your screen
- Select 'Company Admin Portal' from the drop-down menu
- Within the 'Anniversaries' tab, click on 'Notifications' in the top right menu
- Check the corresponding boxes (next to each company role) for them to receive 'Anniversary' and/or 'Birthday' notifications for the entire company
- You can also send birthday & anniversary notifications to Team Managers for their respective teams if you have Teams enabled