When setting-up your company's Recognize platform, user accounts will have to be made for each employee. And this can be conducted through the user provisioning process.
There are 3 main methods available for user provisioning on the Recognize platform:
- Spreadsheet Import
- Bulk Edit
- User Sync
Spreadsheets may be imported into Recognize manually through the Recognize web portal or via an sFTP connection. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to setup an sFTP connection.
User data is uploaded into Recognize via a populated spreadsheet.
- In the Company Admin portal, go to Users and select 'Spreadsheet Import'.
- Select 'Choose File' under 'Upload' and select 'Import'.
- Note: use the sample spreadsheet template to ensure proper data import.
- Refer to the 'Spreadsheet Import' article for more details.
New users can be manually added into Recognize at any time.
- In the Company Admin portal, go to Users and select 'Bulk Edit'.
- Select 'Add User' and manually type their details into the listed fields.
- Select 'Save' and an invitation will be submitted to the user to join the platform.
- Note: this process is best suited for adding a one-off user, rather than many.
- Refer to the 'Adding & Editing Users' article for more details.
User data is automatically synced with your company's user directory. Supported directories are Yammer and Microsoft (Office365 and AzureAD).
- Only basic employee details are required for this function:
- Name (first & last)
- Job Title
- Manager (optional)
- Birthday(optional; day/month only)
- Hire Date (optional; not available with Yammer)
- Note: the sync is 'refreshed' nightly to update your users' data.
- Refer to the 'Setting-Up a User Sync' article for more details.
Recommended Hybrid Approach:
Given the different user provisioning methods, the Recognize team recommends the following approach to adding your users into the platform:
Step #1: User Sync
- Initiate a user sync with the Recognize support team (see details above).
- This will create the user profiles with their basic employee details.
Step #2: Spreadsheet Import
- Once all your users have been successfully added to the Recognize platform, initiate a spreadsheet import (see details above).
- This will add additional employee data (e.g. hire date, birthday, manager, etc.)
- Note: be sure to check the 'Update Only' option before you select 'Import'.