Spreadsheets can be imported directly from within Recognize by a Company Admin to update users and user information!
How To Import a Spreadsheet
- Click 'Menu' in the upper right corner of Recognize
- Select 'Company Admin' from the drop-down menu
- Select 'Users' from the navigation menu on the far left
- Select 'Import' from the top-right menu on the 'Users'' page
- Once the 'Spreadsheet Import' page has populated, download the sample spreadsheet to fill out
Note: use the sample spreadsheet template to ensure proper data import. Do not rearrange the columns or rename the columns, or the information will not be imported correctly. Delete any columns that you are not filling out, as columns that are left blank could overwrite any previously uploaded data. Format dates as strings, and use commas to separate roles or teams.
- To upload your users’ new email address data, Select 'Choose File' and select your filled-out spreadsheet
- Checking the first box, 'Update Only' will update the attributes of users in the data-sheet who are found in Recognize. If new users are found in the data-sheet, they will not be added
- Checking the second box, 'Remove Users' will update the attributes of users in the data-sheet and disable users who are not present in the data-sheet
- select 'Import'. By default, uploading a spreadsheet will add new users and update existing users' email addresses unless you have checked the above options
Please Note the Following:
- Your import will be queued and processed in the background.
- Stay on this page to watch the progress.
- You can leave this page and the import will continue in the background.
- You will be emailed when the import is complete.
- If there are any errors, a spreadsheet will be created with the results. This spreadsheet is accessible from the completion email as well as from the "Last Import" section on the Spreadsheet import page above.
If you are using the Spreadsheet Import to change a user's email address, it is important to remember that each time a new email address is added to the Spreadsheet Import, it will create a new profile and disable the profile associated with the previous email address. To avoid this, we suggest using the Employee ID column in the spreadsheet import. This way, we can identify users based on the Employee ID instead of the email address, which will prevent the creation of multiple accounts.
Note: If you have duplicate accounts, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the User’s name, original email address, and the new email address that you would like the original account information to be merged into, and we will merge the accounts for you.