In a recent Gallup workplace survey, employees were asked to recall who gave them their most meaningful and memorable recognition. The data revealed the most memorable recognition comes most often from:
- an employee's manager (28%)
- a high-level leader or CEO (24%)
- the manager's manager (12%)
- a customer (10%)
- peers (9%)
We encourage leadership to engage in Recognition, but understand that a leader's schedule may not always allow time to be fully immersed in the tool. With this in mind, Recognize offers a 'Delegate' feature that allows authorized users to send Recognitions on behalf of others. This is especially useful for executives who would like their assistants to send Recognitions for them. The Recognitions still appear to be coming from the executive, so as not to lose the personal touch of receiving a Recognition from leadership.
To send a Recognition as a Delegate, you must first be assigned as the user's Delegate by a Company Admin. See How to Add a Delegate for Sending Recognition.
Once you've been assigned as the Delegate, follow these steps to send Recognition on behalf of the User you've been assigned to:
- After signing in to your own Recognize account, select the 'Recognize' button in the top left toolbar
- Select the Badge you would like to use for the Recognition
- Select the recipient(s) you would like to send the Recognition to by typing in an email or name and confirming from the drop-down choices
- Write a detailed message that follows the two-part rule of specificity: Describe the action & describe the impact
- Check the box for 'Send as someone else' and select the User you are sending as from the drop-down choices
- Review your Recognition message for typos and grammatical errors, and then click 'Recognize'
- To view the Recognition that was sent by a Delegate, click on 'Stream' in the top left toolbar
- You will notice that the Recognition shows up as coming from the User who has the Delegate assigned to them