Company roles are roles that you have created and are specific to your organization's account. You can have as many as you want, and they can be named whatever you want (Leadership, HR, Accounting, etc.). Companies use these "Company Roles" to assign permissions to certain badges (role-based badges), assign users to a specific rewards catalog if they have people in different countries, and can also be used to assign tasks to certain people based on role.
Steps to Designate Roles
- Click the top-right 'Menu' icon
- Select 'Company Admin' from the drop-down menu
- Click 'Roles' on the left-side menu
- Click 'Create Role' at the top of the page and create the roles you wish to have
- Once your role or roles have been created Select 'Users' from the far left menu
- Click the small blue gear icon at the top left of the user table
- Select 'Company Roles' (not system roles). A column for 'Company Roles' will appear in the user table
- In the 'Company Roles' column in the user table, enter the Role you wish to designate to each person next to their name
Alternatively, roles can be assigned by downloading the spreadsheet (found here: https://recognizeapp.com/docs/getting-started/Sample-spreadsheet-for-import.xlsx). Under the ‘Roles’ tab on the spreadsheet, enter the Role you wish each assign next to the user's names and email addresses.
Note: do not rename any of the columns, and do not leave any columns blank as this may override your current settings. Simply include the user’s name, email address, and role, and delete any other columns you aren’t going to fill out. Once the spreadsheet has been filled out, go to Company Admin > Users > click ‘Spreadsheet Import’ > and go to step 2: Upload.