If you're looking for a quick way to build a Rewards program, a Managed Catalog might be the way to go. With Managed Catalogs, all available Rewards for a chosen currency are added to a catalog automatically, with point variants already configured. This takes the heavy lifting off of the business owners to create catalogs themselves and can be especially helpful in cases where you are working with multiple currencies and the setup is more complex. Managed Catalogs are available for our Mid-Market package and above customers.
To Create a Managed Catalog:
- Select 'Menu' in the upper right-hand corner of your screen
- Select 'Company Admin' from the drop-down menu
- Select 'Rewards' from the left side menu
- Select 'Create Managed Catalog' on the right side of the Rewards page above the table
- Select the 'Create' button from the Managed Catalog module
- Select a currency for the Managed Catalog from the 'Currency' drop-down
- Give your Managed Catalog a name in the 'Name' text box
- Determine your points-to-currency ratio for the Managed Catalog in the 'Points Ratio to 1' text box
- If you want to limit this catalog to specific users to access, add those Roles under 'Roles for Access'
- Choose whether you will use your company wide funding account to fund the Managed Catalog, or if it will be funded from a different account
- You can choose to enable the Managed Catalog right away, or return to it later to enable it from the catalog settings
- When you've finalized the details for the managed catalog, click the 'Save' button
- You can then revisit your Managed Catalog at any time to change the catalog-level settings by going to the Rewards tab in the Company Admin Portal
NOTE: Individual Rewards for a Managed Catalog will not show up in a table view with options to enable or disable at the Reward level as they do for Custom Catalogs. This is because Managed Catalogs include and automatically enable all available Rewards.
Managed Catalog User Experience
Users will be able to view Managed Catalogs just as they do Custom Catalogs presently, from within the 'Rewards' button in the top left main menu. The categories that appear there are pre-configured, and are based off of items available for redemption, but they cannot be edited currently. See the steps below to view a Managed Catalog as a user.
- After logging in to Recognize, click on the 'Rewards' button in the top left main menu
- You will see all available Rewards for the catalog displayed in a categorized carousel view with categories pre-configured and shown in a random order
- Users can filter for only Rewards that are delivered instantly by checking the 'Instant Delivery' checkbox in the left side panel
NOTE: If your company users an approval process, those Rewards will not show as instant.
- Users can also type in keywords in the 'Search' textbox on the left side panel to find specific Rewards
- Additionally, users have the option to filter by category in the left side panel by checking the box next to each category they would like displayed
- If a currency is used in multiple countries, and the user needs to filter for Rewards available for their country specifically, they can now do that by selecting their country from the drop-down in the left side panel
- Users will be able to see the minimum and maximum points needed for a Reward as well underneath each offering
- They will also be able to see whether Rewards are instant or have a deferred delivery - for more information on fulfillment types, see our article: Reward Fulfillment Overview
- There is another filter in the left side panel that allows users to look at only Rewards they can afford by clicking 'Redeemable'
- Lastly, users can view Rewards from least amount of points required for the minimum redemption variant, or most amount of points needed for the minimum redemption variant by using the 'Sort' filter in the left side panel