If there are any recognitions that are set up with an approval process where a Manager will need to approve, you'll want to keep an eye on your email for notifications of new pending recognition.
To approve or deny recognitions as a Manager with your Recognize account:
- Select 'Menu' in the upper right-hand corner of your screen
- Select 'Manager Portal' from the drop-down menu
- Once in the Manager Portal, select the 'Recognitions' tab from the left side menu
- Select the 'Pending' tab in the upper right-hand corner to view pending recognitions
- View the pending recognitions for your direct reports in the table and select either 'Approve' or 'Deny' next to each
- If approving the recognition, you will receive a pop up to review the recognition details
- You'll also select the appropriate points amount for the recognition as the approving Manager under the drop-down labeled 'Recognition Points'
NOTE: If there is more than one recipient, all recipients will receive the same points amount as determined by the first Manager to approve the recognition.
- When you're done reviewing all details and points (or no points) have been assigned, select 'Approve' at the bottom of the pop-up
- You will receive confirmation that the recognition has been approved, upon which point recipients will receive the recognition and any associated points, and then you can select 'OK' to exit the pop-up
To deny recognitions as a Manager from your Recognize account, follow the above steps 1-4, and then select 'Deny' at step 5. From there, you will want to give a detailed description of why the recognition is being denied in the pop-up, and then select 'Deny' at the bottom.
You will receive confirmation of the denial, upon which the sender will receive notification, and then you can select 'OK' to exit the pop-up.