Sometimes you may receive email or sms notifications from Recognize. You may receive these notifications when you receive a Recognition, when someone comments on a Recognition that was sent to you, or when another user comments on a Recognition that you commented on. If you are a Company Admin or Manager, you may also be notified when direct reports receive Recognitions.
Recognize allows you to to change your default notification preferences, so that you can be notified as much or as little as you'd like. This can be done within your User Profile in just a few easy steps.
- Select your Name/Avatar in the upper right corner of Recognize
- Select the 'Edit Profile' button on the right side of your profile header
- On the right side of your 'Edit Profile' screen, you'll see a list of Notifications that are available to you. Select which notifications you would like to receive by checking the box next to your preferred notifications, and uncheck the box next to any notifications you do not wish to receive. Choose 'Unsubscribe from all' if you do not wish to receive any of the listed notifications
Note: Notification options may vary, depending on what your settings are in your Admin Portal and your access level within Recognize (Company Admin, Manager, Employee)
- When you are finished selecting your preferred notifications, click 'Save' at the bottom of the 'Edit Profile' page to save your changes
Global Notification Settings (Company Admin)
Admins can control many notifications at the organizational level within the Admin Portal > Settings section. Global notification settings will be the default for new users until users go in to their profile to manage their notification preferences themselves.
NOTE: We recommend setting global defaults for notifications before launch because any changes to these settings will override current user preferences.
To set global notification settings as a Company Admin:
- Select 'Menu' in the top right-hand corner of the screen
- Select 'Company Admin' from the drop-down menu
- Select 'Settings' from the navigation panel on the left side
- Under the 'General' section, you will find the global setting for the 'Daily Updates' email that all users receive
- Under the 'User settings' section, you will find global setting options to turn engagement emails on/off for the corresponding 'Manager summary sent to admins' and 'Direct report summary', which goes to managers
- Under the 'Recognition' section, you'll find the corresponding global setting for 'Allow SMS notifications for recognitions to your phone'
- Under the 'User settings' section, under 'Manager defaults,' you'll find the global default settings for managers' corresponding notifications: 'Direct report peer recognition notification,' 'Direct report anniversary notification,' and 'Direct report birthday notification.'
If you have any questions, please reach out to our Support Team at email@example.com.