Inviting Users to Recognize
Once user accounts have been provisioned, you'll still need to send users an invitation to join Recognize so that their email can be verified and they can complete the sign-in process, moving their account from 'pending invite' status to 'active' status.
There are three ways to go about sending users an invite. You can manually send an invite to a single user from the 'Users' tab by following the instructions in our guide 'How Do I Manually Add a User', you can automatically invite users that are newly provisioned with accounts by turning on or checking the box for the 'Auto send invites' setting within your Company Admin Portal as shown in our guide How to Auto-Invite Users to Recognize or you can send invitations in bulk by using our 'Invite' feature shown in this guide below.
When you're ready to invite users to Recognize for the first time upon launch or invite any new users after launch, you'll want to send an invitation to these users through the 'Users' section in the Company Admin Portal.
- Select 'Menu' up in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select 'Company Admin' from the drop-down menu.
- Select 'Users' from the left side menu.
- Select 'Invite' up in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
Invite Options Overview
- Choose your recipients. You can select 'Everyone', 'Pending' (which includes all users who have not yet signed in), 'By role' (if you've designated any Company Roles), 'By status' (see below for details), or 'By team' (if you've designated teams in your user data)
- Choose your delivery method: Email and/or SMS
NOTE: For SMS messages, make sure you have phone numbers collected in your user data. If you select both options, you'll need to create a message for both SMS and email
- Craft your message. Include details for logging in, updates to programs, or anything else you might want to communicate to groups of users.
- You can include certain dynamic content in your message as well such as recipient first name, password link, or SSO link if your company uses the SSO sign-in option.
- Once you're ready to send, select the 'Create' button.
Recipients - 'Pending': Use this option for sending emails to users in your organization who have not yet signed in.
Recipients - 'By role': Use this option if you want to target users who belong to certain roles, such as manager.
NOTE: Roles must either be enabled in your user sync, or added manually or through a spreadsheet upload in the users tab before you will see options here.
Recipients - 'By status': Use this option to communicate to certain audiences based on account status. For example, you could send a message to only new users who have not yet received an invitation to Recognize by selecting 'Pending invite', which you will want to do each time you add new users either manually, by spreadsheet, or through user sync.
Recipients - 'By team': Use this option to direct your message to a certain team. For example, you might want to communicate with your designated pilot group or HR team to invite them to Recognize or alert them of go-live.
NOTE: Teams must either be enabled in your user sync, or added manually or through a spreadsheet upload in the users tab before you will see options here.