Recognize offers a multitude of integrations that help you engage staff. The Microsoft Teams integration allows you to view your social feed, recognize staff, get stats, redeem gift cards, and more, all without leaving Microsoft Teams. To find out how to add Recognize to your organization's Microsoft Teams, see the videos and step-by-step instructions below.
How To Add Recognize to Microsoft Teams
- Within Microsoft Teams, start by selecting the 'Apps' button from your personal bar on the left
- Search 'Recognize' in the search bar
- Select the Recognize App from the results
- From the description screen, click 'Add' to add the app to your personal bar
- Once the app is installed, click 'Get Started' to sign in to Recognize and begin using Recognize in Microsoft Teams
How to Add Recognize to your Company's General Channel within Microsoft Teams
- Select the 'General' tab in the Teams Chat you wish to add Recognize to & Select the '+' symbol in the top navigation panel of the General Tab
- Search for Recognize in the search bar
- Select the Recognize App to add it to your General Channel
- Select 'Get Started' to sign in to Recognize
- Once you've signed in, configure the Recognize Tab for the General Channel. First, enter the Tab Name you wish to give the Recognize Tab
- Specify which page you'd like to display - All Recognitions, or a specific company team within Recognize
- When you are done, select 'Save'.
- Once you have saved your changes, you will be able to view your Recognize Stream page within Microsoft Teams.
How to Deploy Recognize App Bar Tab to All Users within Microsoft Teams
Once you've added the Microsoft Teams Recognize App bar tab (also known as profile tab or static tab) to your account, you'll want to have this pushed out to the rest of your employees' Microsoft Teams accounts. This will be something a Microsoft Teams Administrator at your company will need to do. Please share the below video and step-by-step instructions with them and have them reach out to Support@recognizeapp.com with any questions they may have!
- Open the Microsoft Teams admin center dashboard: admin.teams.microsoft.com/dashboard
- On the left side menu, scroll to 'Teams Apps' and select 'Manage Apps' from the drop-down
- From the Manage apps page, select the 'Org-wide app settings' button in the upper right-hand corner
- Within the pop-up, toggle 'Allow third-party apps' to On and select 'Save'
- Search for 'Recognize' within the table
- Select the Recognize app by clicking on 'Recognize'
- Toggle status to 'Allowed'
- From the left-side menu, under the 'Teams apps' drop-down, select 'Setup policies'
- Click on 'Global (Org-wide default)'
- Under 'Pinned apps', select 'Add apps'
- Within the 'Add pinned apps' pop-up, search for the Recognize App and click the 'Add' button
- After Recognize shows up in the table, click 'Save'