If you would like to allow staff to give monetary Badges to others but want to manage a budget per Badge, Recognize provides an option to implement a process by which Company Admins or Managers can approve such Recognitions before they are sent to a recipient.
How it Works:
- Company Admins will determine and create point variants for each Badge
- Company Admins or Managers will assign the appropriate value for submitted Recognitions
Requiring Approval & Creating Point Variants for Badges:
When creating a Badge that requires approval to send, you can designate specific point variants that approvers will be able to select from and assign to the recognition based on criteria your team determines has been met. To require approval and add approval variants to a Badge from within the Company Admin Portal:
- Select 'Custom Badges' from the navigation panel on the left side of the page
- Select the 'Create Badge' button above the table to start from scratch, and/or select 'Details' next to an existing Badge to make edits to the Badge settings
- Toggle 'Require Approval' on, which will make all new Recognitions that are sent with this Badge go through the approval workflow
- In the text box below 'Point variants for approval', enter one or more point variants that will be sent as options for the recognition to a Company Admin or Manager for approval
- In the dropdown menu below 'Approver', select either 'Manager' or 'Company Admin' depending on which system role you would like to be able to approve the Badge and points.
NOTE: If you select 'Manager' as an approver, they will be able to approve Recognitions sent with this Badge for just their direct reports. If you want only Company Admins to approve Recognitions with this badge, select 'Company Admin'. Regardless of these settings, Company Admins have the ability to approve all Recognitions. No other user or role can be added as an approver at this time.
- If you wish for both the sender's Manager or recipient's Manager to have the ability to approve the Recognition (whomever completes the approval process first), check the box next to 'Allow either sender's manager or recipients' manager to approve'
- Click 'Save' at the bottom to save your updates
Approving or Denying Recognitions & Assigning Point Values:
When a Recognition is submitted for approval, the Manager or Company Admin determines whether the Recognition gets sent, and which point value to assign to each individual Recognition via the Admin Portal or Manager Portal. Here is how to approve Recognitions and assign point variants from within the Company Admin portal:
- Select 'Recognitions' from the navigation panel on the left side of the page
- Select 'Pending' from the top navigation bar on the right
- From here, you will see any pending Recognitions in the table in the center of your screen - these Recognitions will not be sent or show up in the Stream Page until they have been approved
- To assign point value and approve the recognition, select the 'Approve' button
- You will then receive a pop-up with details of the Recognition (make sure you do not have a pop-up blocker turned on)
- When the Approval window pops up, you will see details for sender, recipient, and Badge
- You will also see the Recognition Message, which you'll want to review to ensure it aligns with the Badge selected and meets criteria for recognition
- Select a Point Value to assign to the Badge from the drop-down based on criteria met
NOTE: If your company uses Point Allocations, the approver will only see the point variants that the sender can afford. If the sender does not have a sufficient point balance at the time of approval and the Badge is not set up to be sent without points, the approver will receive an error message.
- If you wish to move forward with approving the Recognition, select 'Approve', at which point you will receive a confirmation of approval, the Recognition will be posted to the Stream and to any integrations (unless marked as private), and any associated points will be sent to the recipient
- If you wish to deny the Recognition, select 'Cancel'
- You can then select 'Deny' instead of 'Approve' above the Recognition from the 'Pending Recognitions' table
- You will see a Denial window pop-up
- You can then enter a Message as to why the Recognition is being denied - try to be detailed with this so that the sender will have future guidance
- When you are done, select the 'Deny' button upon which point the sender will be notified
- Last, you'll see a message confirming the denial