If you would like to allow staff to give monetary badges to others, Recognize provides an option to implement a process by which Company Admins or Managers can approve such Recognitions before they are sent to a recipient.
How it Works:
Setting Point Increments for Recognitions:
You can set point increments when creating or editing Recognition badges via the Company Admin portal:
- From your Admin Portal, select 'Custom Badges' from the navigation panel on the left side of the page
- Create a new badge or select 'Details' to edit an existing badge
- Check the box next to 'Require Approval'. This will make all new Recognitions that are sent with this badge go through the approval workflow
- In the text box below 'Point variants for approval' enter one or more point values that will be sent to sent to a Company Admin or Manager for approval
- In the dropdown menu below 'Approver', select either "Manger" or "Company Admin". If you select "Manager" as an approver, they will be able to approve Recognitions sent with this badge for their direct reports. If you want only Company Admins to approve Recognitions with this badge, select "Company Admin".
Note: Company Admins can always approve all Recognitions. No other user or role can be added as an approver at this time
- If you wish for both the sender's manager or recipient's manager to have the ability to approve the Recognition, check the box next to 'Allow either sender's manager or recipients' manager to approve'
- Click 'Save badge' at the bottom to save these updates.
Designating Point Values for Recognitions:
When a Recognition is submitted for approval, the Manager or Company Admin can now determine which point value to assign to each individual award via the Admin Portal:
- From your Admin Portal, select 'Recognitions' from the navigation panel on the left side of the page
- Select 'Pending' from the top navigation bar on the right
- If you wish to approve the Recognition, select 'Approve' (make sure you do not have a popup blocker turned on)
- When the Approval window pops up, select a Point Value to assign to the badge
- Select 'Approve'
- Note: if recognitions are marked 'private', they will not be publicized.
- Note: recognitions will not be publicized (on Yammer or Workplace) until they are approved by the Manager/Company Admin.
- If you would like to deny the badge, select 'Deny' instead of 'Approve' When the Denial window pops up, you can choose to enter a Message as to why the Recognition is being denied
- When you are done, select 'Deny'