Recognize provides employee recognition through a manager or admin approval process. This technique allows staff to give monetary or special awards to others, controlled by a manager allowing or denying the recognition.
How it Works:
Setting Point Increments for Recognitions:
You can now set point increments when creating recognition badges via the Company Admin/Custom Badges portal:
- In Custom Badges, you can either create a new badge or update an existing one.
- Check 'Require approval' and a drop-down menu will appear.
- Configure the following fields as you see fit:
- Point variants for approval (list the different point values associated with the badge)
- Approver (designates either Managers or Company Admins for badge approvals)
- Click 'Save badges' at the bottom to save these updates.
Designating Point Values for Recognitions:
When an employee recognition is submitted for approval, the Manager or Company Admin can now determine which point value to assign to each individual award via the Recognitions portal:
- On the far-right side, look for the 'Approve/Deny' button under the 'Actions' column.
- Once 'Approve' is selected, a pop-up menu will give you the opportunity to determine how many points should be associated with the recognition badge.
- This allows the approver to either increase or decrease the awarded points.
- Once updates are completed, click the 'Approve' button to have it submitted to the recipient.
- Note: if recognitions are marked 'private', they will not be publicized.
- Note: recognitions will not be publicized (on Yammer or Workplace) until they are approved by the Manager/Company Admin.