What Are Tags?
Tags are used to categorize different levels or tiers of recognition. For example, customer-facing operations may send/receive recognitions associated with a specific customer, and a tag can be used to note recognitions associated with one customer vs. another. See the below video for an overview of the Tags tab within the Company Admin Portal.
Tags have two purposes:
- The first is to add another way of categorizing Recognitions. We simply call them "tags”, unless a customer chooses to call the tags by another name. You can think of "tags" like hashtags on Facebook, or Twitter, or Instagram, but instead of posting a picture, description, and hashtags, you’d be sending a Recognition, writing a message to or about the recipient, and applying relevant tags that apply to your company’s values.
For example, If you are sending a “Cheerful” badge, you might include a message like “Jane consistently gets amazing feedback from clients on how positive she is all the time. Even if she's in an incredibly difficult position, she always puts the clients' needs first and has a smile on her face”, and then apply a tag like “CustomerFeedback” or “CustomerService”.
As mentioned earlier, you could also call your tags by another name. Say, for example, you wanted tags to be called “Customers", presumably because the tags you created were all names of different customers or clients you serve, and that you would use these tags for recognitions that were associated with a specific customer. In this case, the tags you might apply to this Recognition could be something like “WalmartProject” or “Amazon”.
- The other purpose of Tags is creating categories for Tasks. You can also change the name of Tags for Tasks to something other than "Tags”, such as "Categories” and create different tags (or categories) such as "Wellness", "Onboarding", "Certifications" etc.
How to Create a Tag
Note: tags can only be created by Company Admins
- Select 'Menu' from the upper right corner of the page
- Open your 'Company Admin' through the drop-down menu
- Choose the 'Tags' field from the left navigation panel
- Create tag name and click 'Create Tag'
- Select the recognitions and/or tasks columns to indicate if you want to categorize Recognitions or Tasks