Tasks can be thought of as directive-based recognitions that allow employees to be awarded points for very specific, verifiable actions. They work well for incentivizing things such as participation in wellness challenges, or encouraging completion of training or other directives.
When a direct report indicates that an assigned Task has been completed, the employee's Manager will be notified by email, and can then approve or deny the Task from that email, or from the Recognize platform. Below are steps to resolve Task submissions from within the Recognize platform as a Manager.
How to Resolve a Task as a Manager
- Click 'Menu' from the upper right-hand corner of the screen
- Select 'Manager Portal' from the drop-down menu
- Select 'Tasks' from the left side navigation menu
- Filter Tasks by interval/time period as needed
- View the 'Status' of each Task on the right side of the Task table:
- Approved (previously approved task)
- Denied (previously denied task)
- Resolve (action required - approve or deny)
- To approve or deny a task, select 'Resolve'
- Once 'Resolve' is clicked, a smaller screen will pop-up with options to Approve or Deny
- There will also be a field for adding an optional message to the submitter
- Click 'Submit' to resolve the Task when finished