Tasks are one-time achievement or directive based Recognitions. The 'Tasks' feature allows you to create Badges/Recognitions associated with very specific, verifiable actions. For example, you may create an initial task for everyone in your organization to sign in to Recognize for the first time, as a great way to start off the engagement. You can then go back and verify who has indeed signed in and accomplished this task and then award them (resolve the tasks) with the associated Recognition. An example of a more advanced type of task may be “Achieve your quarterly sales quota.”
Tasks require admin approval prior to release to the user and need to be manually verified and resolved (since our app won’t know if Joe met his quarterly sales quota, for example). Tasks can also be denied by an admin if the achievement is not met.
How To Enable Tasks
- Click 'Menu' in the upper right corner of Recognize
- Select 'Company Admin' from the center of the dropdown menu
- Select 'Settings' from the navigation bar on the far left
- Scroll down to the 'Tasks' section, and toggle the 'On' button next to 'Enable Tasks'
- You also have the option to allow points earned from approved tasks to be redeemed for rewards. To enable this feature, toggle the 'On' button next to 'Make points from tasks redeemable'
How To Access the Tasks Feature
- Click 'Menu' from the upper right corner of Recognize
- Select 'Company Admin' from the drop-down menu
- Select 'Tasks' from the left side navigation column
How To Add a Task
- From the dashboard in the upper right corner of the 'Tasks' page, select 'Manage'
- Select the blue 'Create Task' button that will appear in the top left portion of your 'Create Task' screen
- Name - Fill out the name of the Task
- Points - Enter the number of points that will be awarded for completing this Task
- Categories - Select a Category. Categories are created in the 'Tags' section of your admin portal. You must first create a Tag to assign a category. This is for reporting purposes so you can organize and sort the task. To find out how to create a Tag, view our article: How to Use Tags
- Roles - Select the Roles of the users who can complete this task. Only users who have the specified role assigned in Recognize will be able to see/submit this task. Recognize custom roles are created in the Roles section in the Company Admin. To find out how to add Roles, click here
- Click 'Save' to save the Task. Eligible users can now create and submit this task in the 'Recognize' section
How Users Can Create/Submit Tasks
- Once signed in, select 'Recognize' in the top left navigation bar
- Select 'Tasks' options from the top of the Recognition screen
- Select a task from the drop-down menu. Note: only tasks made available to this user's role will be visible.
- Fill out other information that corresponds with this task (optional) and click 'Save'
- Select your profile from the top right corner of Recognize
- Select 'Tasks' from the menu below your profile header
- You can view all of your tasks, the date they were submitted, the point value, and their status. Note: Admins will need to approve or deny each task in the admin portal
How To Resolve (Approve/Deny) a Task
- From the Tasks dashboard, scroll to or search for the task you'd like to approve
- Click on the 'Resolve' button in the 'Status' column to approve or deny the task. You can also leave a message for the user from the window that will populate