There are a variety of stock badges already created for your convenience in your Recognize account. However, creating your own custom badges that align with your specific organizational goals and values is often where some of the greatest value comes from. We want the process of adding a custom badge to be painless - go ahead and give it a shot!
Steps to Creating a Custom Badge
- Open your 'Menu' from the top right of the page
- Select the 'Company Admin' from the drop-down menu
- Select 'Custom Badges' from the far left menu
- Select 'Upload new badge' from the top of the custom badges page
- In the upload window, give the badge a title of your choice. The title would typically indicate a company value or achievement. Note - no two badges can share the same title
- If you'd like, add a description of this badge. This detail will visible during the badge selection process
- Set a badge sending limit, if you wish. This restricts how many badges can be sent by a single user
- Select the time frame that this limit will apply to
- Choose the image you would like to use to represent this badge
- Select “Create Badge” to add the badge (the rest can be customized in the next step)
- Here you can further customize you badge. Some of the customizations include:
a. Additional details (visible in the badge header)
b. Nomination badge (toggle on/off to make it a nomination badge)
c. Require approval (subjects submissions of this badge to an approval process)
d. Points (optional - assigns a rewards value that can be redeemed after receipt)
e. Badge sending limits (restricts how many badges can be sent by a single user)
f. Roles (restricts the sending of the badge to specific company roles - e.g. Managers)
g. Achievement (toggle on/off to highlight a high-level employee achievement)
h. Instant (enables 'one-click' recognitions to be made by clicking on a user's image)
i. Force private recognition (hides this badge from public view)
- Once these details are updated, click 'Save badges'
To learn more about the uses of badges, read here.
Congratulations, you’ve now added your first custom badge! When you’re ready, check out step 4, to add your test users!