Interval points are a way to break up the cumulative points of a user and show only what users have earned in a given time period in certain areas of Recognize. Recognize supports daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly time intervals for points. It will be the main point value you see in your top navigation bar and in the Stats leaderboards.
The reason Recognize offers interval points is to assist in engagement. All users want to have an equal chance at winning. When users interval points reset at the beginning of a new time period, this gives rise to new winners.
How to Set Up or Change Interval Points
- Click 'Menu' from the upper right corner of the page in your Recognize toolbar
- Select 'Company Admin' from the drop-down menu
- Select 'Settings' from the navigation menu on the far left
- Scroll down to the 'Default Interval' section of the Settings page
- Select a time interval at which you would like users' and teams' points to be reset from the dropdown menu. You can select 'Daily', 'Weekly', 'Monthly', 'Quarterly', or 'Yearly'
Note: When interval points "reset" on the toolbar display and on the stats leaderboard, no points are lost and are always added to the cumulative points, which will be shown in users' profiles.