Recognize has the distinction of being the most integrated Yammer partner. We accomplish this in a number of ways using two different levels of integrations:
1) Recognize can post recognitions on behalf of your users. (Yammer calls this impersonation, which will enable users to post their recognitions to Yammer without having to directly sign in with Yammer).
2) Recognize offers browser extensions.
Below, you will find more details about each.
1. Setting up the ability to post recognitions on behalf of users (Yammer impersonation).
- Select 'Menu' in the top right-hand corner of your screen
- Select 'Company Admin' from the drop-down menu
- Select 'Settings' in the left menu
- Select 'Yammer' in the right side navigation pane
- Toggle the setting for 'Allow posting recognition events to Yammer wall' to 'ON'
- This will prompt an 'Authenticate with Yammer' button to appear, if you have not already authenticated with Yammer. If you wish to ensure that all recognitions are posted to a group, your account must be authenticated with Yammer.
- Once you are authenticated with Yammer, you can select a group to have users post recognitions to, but this is optional. When selected, all recognitions will post to this group. When unselected, users will have a choice of groups to post to. The groups shown to end users will only be groups that user has permission to post to.
- The feature "Yammer Impersonation" enables users to post their recognitions to Yammer without having to directly sign in with Yammer. If you do not configure impersonation, users must individually authenticate to Yammer to post to there. To configure Yammer Impersonation Posting, type in the name of a Recognize user account that is connected to a Yammer Admin Account. In other words, that Recognize user account must have authenticated with Yammer and their Yammer account must have the privileges of a Yammer admin.
- In the text box, enter an email of any user in your Yammer network to test if Recognize can post on behalf of that user if you wish to test this functionality after picking an admin user as the impersonating user
- Select the 'Check' button to run the test
NOTE: You will receive a pop up letting you know whether the user email you entered is an authorized admin.
- If you do not wish to set up impersonation and want to allow users to individually authenticate with Yammer in order to post, Toggle 'Allow users to connect to Yammer' to 'ON'.
- Toggle 'Allow managers to be private messaged on Yammer upon recognition' to notify Managers about recognitions for their direct reports within Yammer
- Once Yammer Impersonation is properly set up, your users will see a checkbox in their recognition forms for 'Post to Yammer,' which will be checked by default
- They can then select a group, if you've chosen to limit where recognitions are posted within Yammer
Yammer Standard Integration Benefits:
- Recognize recognitions can show up on Yammer's feed
- Single Sign-On with Yammer
- Gets the signed-in user's first name, last name, avatar, job title, and adds the data to their Recognize account
- Allows admins to disable password saving in Recognize for security. See the Settings in the Company Admin for more
- Autocomplete list of users when searching users or adding recognition recipients
- Supports the deprecated org chart for Yammer
Note: If you choose not to set up Yammer impersonation, automated Anniversary and Birthday Recognitions will not post to Yammer because the action of checking a box labeled 'Post to Yammer' must be taken while sending a Recognition
2) Setting up the browser extensions from Recognize for Yammer
We do not support the Microsoft Edge browser. Soon the Edge browser will support Chrome extensions and then we will support all browsers once again for full browser dominance.
Benefits to the extension:
- Send recognition directly in Yammer
- Browse the entire Recognizeapp.com domain from within Yammer
- +1 recognition posts in Yammer
- View user's recognitions on their Yammer profile
- A convenient Send a Recognition button on user's profiles on Yammer
- Easily administer Recognize from Yammer
- Easily view leaderboards from Yammer
Note: The browser extensions do not support mobile.