Kiosk Mode allows you to showcase recognitions from your Stream page in an animated grid view on digital signage or a TV. To utilize Kiosk Mode as a Company Admin, first sign in to your Recognize account. If you just want to be able to show the latest recognition in Grid view while logged in to your personal account, see the below steps for How to Display the Stream Page in a Grid View. If you'd like to set up animation (highlights recognitions that come in to the Stream Page) and utilize a logged-out view of recognition, see the below steps for How to Set Up Logged-out Kiosk Mode.
How to Display the Stream Page in a Grid View:
- From your company's Stream page, click the 'Grid' option on the top right corner of the Stream
- Your screen will then change to a grid-style view of the Stream:
NOTE: We recommend once on the Kiosk mode page to zoom out.
How to Set Up Logged-out Kiosk Mode:
If you don't want to be logged into your account on a public computer showcasing the Kiosk mode, you can create a special URL in the Company Admin Settings that will allow you to showcase the recognitions without being logged in. Read on for more instructions on this!
- Select 'Menu' in the upper right corner of Recognize
- Select 'Company Admin' from the dropdown menu to access the Admin Portal
- Select the 'Settings' tab from the left side menu
- Select 'Kiosk Mode' in the navigation pane on the right-hand side of the page to jump to Kiosk Mode settings
- Choose what content you'd like to show in Kiosk Mode: 'Recognitions,' 'Anniversaries/Birthdays,' or 'All'
- Toggle 'Auto-scroll recognitions' to on if you'd like recognitions to cycle/scroll through automatically
- Set your Kiosk Mode to show 'All Company' or select a specific team to set up kiosk mode for by selecting from the drop-down
- Type in a 'Passcode' of your choice, which adds a 'code' to the URL under 'Update Kiosk Mode URL' that allows the Stream Page to be accessible while logged out. If the Stream Page is accessed while logged out and there is no passcode in place, it will be in a "Read only" mode and no additional actions can be taken, including visiting additional pages
NOTE: The passcode is global, meaning it will apply to all URLs that are set up for Kiosk Mode. If it is changed, it changes for all Kiosk Mode URLs.
- Click 'Update Kiosk Mode URL' to generate a new Kiosk Mode URL
- You can always see what your current Kiosk Mode URL is at the bottom of your settings, and there is a 'copy' link for you to use
NOTE: The Kiosk Mode URL can be put on multiple TV's or digital signage simultaneously. The Kiosk Mode URL defaults to an animated grid view. If you do not wish for it to be animated, you can replace the word 'TRUE' in the Kiosk Mode URL to 'False'. The Kiosk Mode refreshes the browser every ten minutes to show latest recognitions.