Being able to redeem rewards is a key feature of the Recognize platform. Not only does it provide employees a digitized and seamless process, but it also gives them more autonomy in selecting their desired compensation options. Recognize supports over two hundred gift cards for redemption by your staff, exchanging points earned from recognitions received for those rewards you've enabled.
Once you have successfully deposited funds for rewards and have received confirmation from the Recognize team that those funds have been loaded onto your account, you will then be able to create Gift Card Rewards in your Rewards Catalog.
To find out how to deposit funds for gift cards, see our article: 'Rewards: Deposit Money for Gift Cards'.
How To Create a Gift Card Reward
- Click 'Menu' from the upper right-hand corner of your Recognize page
- Select 'Company Admin' from the center of the drop-down menu
- Select 'Rewards' from the navigation menu on the far left
- Select the Currency Name for the Rewards Catalog that you wish to add Gift Cards to from the Rewards Catalog table
- Once you've clicked into the catalog, and you see the Rewards Overview page, select 'Catalog' from the top right menu
After clicking into the Catalog details, select the 'Create reward' button in the top right corner of the screen
From the drop-down, select 'Add gift card'
Select the gift cards you'd like to add to the catalog from the available Recognize Gift Cards offerings by clicking the 'Add' button next to each card
Adding a new gift card reward is a lot like adding a custom reward, except there is less to fill in. Depending on the vendor, you may have different options for the gift card amount variance. You will either have a fixed number of options for the amounts, or an open range for options that can be set according to your needs.
- If you wish to limit how often this reward can be redeemed by each employee, enter that limit here
- Enter the reward variants you wish to offer your staff here (for example $5, $10, $20, $50, $100)
- If you wish for this reward to be approved by a manager before it is redeemed, assign that manager here
NOTE: The rewards manager is optional for gift cards, and by default, it will go to the company admins to approve.
- Check 'Enabled' to make this gift card available for redemption within your catalog
- Select 'Add' once you've finalized your gift details so that the card shows up in the admin view of your catalog
- If you chose a gift card with fixed variants, you will see check box options as shown below
Continue this process of adding gift cards until you are happy with a rewards catalog. You can always edit or remove gift card options at any time through the Company Admin > Rewards interface.
NOTE: The company is not charged for any gift cards until the employee has redeemed it and the company admin or rewards manager has approved it